Friday, January 25, 2013

Ordinary Trader Turned $700k to $41 Million In 3 Years



Mr. Burns inspired me as virtual trader but Karen has blown me way with what she did in actual trading. Karen went from her day-job as a CFO to an option trader and made 50% profit on $100,000 in  2007. Later she turned $700,000 into $41 million by 2011. This is her story, as told by Karen herself with Tom Sosnoff on Tastytrade.

She took about five years to educated her self about trading. She attended several trading seminars and workshops at that time. During those years she paper traded, practiced her strategies and learned from her mistakes. Her confidence level rose to the level where she thought she could make a living trading. She then took her funds from her broker and invested and managed her own money. In the first year she made 50% profit. Later her previous broker called her to manage his money.

In her own words in summary - "It took hard work and being discipline and the controlling of your emotions."

This video of 24:55 minutes is a must watch!

I can hear the doubters. Well she used options. It can't be done trading stocks. And I can also hear the excuses... This documentary is very good because it shows that there are tremendous possibilities in the markets. What anyone who watches this video, who are interested in charting their own future need to do is to choose the vehicle they are comfortable with and do what is necessary to accomplish their goal.

As you may know by now, I have a plan to be financially successful in the market by trading stocks. Without even knowing about Karen, I see many similarities in her story and my experiences. I am currently near to the end of the practicing stage of my plan. As a result, I will be updating this blog to document my progress as a I take this journey from a day job to a successful trader - from virtual to reality!

You can do it!

I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment